2 Meter VHF, Arduino controlled, small, portable and self powered 2 meter fox hunt transmitter. Up to 1.5 Watt of RF power output. No additional radio required! Set your parameters like beacon/message, call sign, transmit time and pause time from your phone, tablet or any Computer via USB to TTL Serial *. Transmit frequency change requires additional hardware but possible to change on the go with additional tools (screw driver, USB to TTL adapter, OTG cable)
FoxUnio comes in a Spruce Tree Green, Snow White or Night Black coloured 3D printed Enclosure. The green colour will make it great for hiding the transmitter in grass, trees or any imaginable place you can think of. New added white colour will make it great for the upcoming winter season!
Enclosure has two holes to install a string and hang it anywhere. Also, a 1/4-20 UNC thread on the bottom of the enclosure is included to mount it on a tripod or any standard 1/4-20 screw. (see second picture)
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) measures 86.6mm x 44.5mm.
Available as kit (assembly required) or fully assembled and ready to go.
Kit assembly takes about 30 minutes. All you need is a soldering iron, some solder and flux, side cutters and a small screw driver.
- 2 power outputs: AVG LOW - 200 milliwatts; HIGH - 1.5 Watts
- BNC antenna connector
- LGDAS31865 3.6V 18650 Li-ion battery (2200mAh) included. Cell specifications in pictures
- On board power and charging circuit. No need to replaced batteries!
- Overcharge, Over-discharge, Over-current protection
- 1 Amp Battery charging capable
- 4 Battery LED's, each representing 25% state of charge
- 1 Power ON LED indicator
- 144MHz to 148MHz frequency coverage
|VBAT||MIN: 3.0 V; MAX: 4.4V|
|VIN||MIN: 4.65V; MAX: 5.5V|
Typ 2.1A MAX
|Current draw HIGH||Typ 1.35 A
|Current draw LOW||Typ 500mA|
|Current draw Standby||Typ 200mA|
|Current draw Stby w. relay||Typ 230mA|
|Run Time 50% Duty Cycle||1 min ON - 1 min OFF|
|Low Power||5 Hours|
|High Power||2 Hrs 20 min|
|Run Time 40% Duty Cylce||2 min ON - 3 min OFF|
|High Power||2 Hrs 45 min|
|Charge time @ 1 AMP||2.5 Hours|
|Spurious Emissions||30dB or better|
* an OTG (On The Go) cable might be required for your type of phone and/or tablet. Mini-B USB Cable is Required for FoxUino ( not included )
Sorry, iPhones and iPads are not able to communicate with the FoxUino at this time